Tuesday, May 11, 2010

THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!


For all of you who have not heard, WE ARE MOVING! Yes, it's finally true! We are moving to MONROE, UT. Jav got a job for Christensens Arms in Gunnison UT. We are so excited. Here's how the story goes. He applied almost two months ago and then we never heard anything so we just assumed that he didn't even get an interview. Last Monday morning Jav called me at work and I could tell that his voice was different and something was wrong. He told me that John Mogle had just called him and told him that he had an interview. He had to be to Gunnison that following Friday. Scared and excited all at the same time he went to the interview and felt VERY good about it. They told him that they would let him know by Tuesday or Wednesday either way if he got the job or if he didn't. So we hoped, we prayed, we fasted and it seemed like forever. Tuesday came and went and NO phone call, Wednesday came and almost went, and then at 8:30 that night, Jav got a phone call and they wanted him to come back for ANOTHER interview on Friday morning to meet the Christensen family (the owners). I had this idea pop into my head that we should have some people that Jav has gone hunting with around the world write letters of recommendation so he started making phone calls and he was able to get a hold of 5 people to write him letters of recommendation and have two people call and talk to the President. Everything seemed to be falling into place. Jav went up again and felt AWESOME about the interview. He got along great with the owners. They told him that they would get a hold of him sometime that same day, with an answer. So he drove back here, was only home for about an hour and got a phone call that changed our lives FOREVER! We are so excited. He will be in the sales department for Christensen Arms. THank you so much for all of you that have called us and congratulated Jav! We really appreciate it! We, especaially Jav have had a really hard year, and so this has been a VERY positive and happy thing for us. We will truly miss Cedar City. Our friends (like family) have been amazing! You have made memmories with us that will last a life time. And don't forget you can come visit us whenever you want. Jav is moving next week and I am moving in three weeks as soon as school is out!

13 comments:

JaKe and NaT* said...

i have been wanting to text and tell you congrats since i found that out.. seriously thats so awesome! we will miss you guys and i will of course miss jagger riding his bike and giving me the cutest little wave as i drive by.. what an exciting time in your life! Jake has started an internship up there for the summer so i'm sure he will be seeing jav alot so that will be fun.. i know you have lots of help but if you need me to help in any way just let me know:) we will miss you guys! congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite the story! Congrats! I'm sure your family is so excited!!

Anonymous said...

This is Calie, by the way...;)

the coltons said...

congrats!!!

Alecia Ross said...

I am so happy for you but I will miss you like crazy! Make sure you update your blog often so we can keeps tabs on your cute little family. Love you!!!

Tulsi said...

Hi. I'm Tulsi Esplin from the ward. Congratulations!! My granny is from Monroe. I don't know if you know any Julander's or Forbush's. The last I remember a guy I went to High School with was a teacher at the HS. I think I was told you were from Monroe but I don't know for sure. I hope things turn out well for your family.

Daylemarie said...

Hey, your text did no justice to how cool this really is! Oh my gosh Jav will be so great and that is a sweet deal! It will do so much for you to have your husband love what he is doing! Can't wait to hear about all your plans! Where you gonna live?

The Gleave's said...

Yay! that is such exciting news!! Tell Jav Congrats for us!

Hansencrew said...

Thats so exciting!! You finally get to move back to Monroe!:) Mike would LOVE that job! That is so awesome it worked out the way it did! Are you going to try to get a teaching job over there? Good luck with the move! Be sure to post when you get settled!

Palmers said...

Congrats. that is so exciting. I'm sure you guys can't wait. Sounds like a good move for your family. Hope you guys are doing good:) Good luck with moving and all that fun stuff. You will have to post pics and stuff when you get there.

natskeen said...

We need to talk! I miss ya so bad! I am really excited for you, Jav and your little family! Keep me posted!

The Penney's said...

Yay Tara! I knew it would happen sooner or later.....just glad it happened "sooner!" It's so great to live by family. I'm so glad you will get to experience that with your kids now!

I thought I would miss Cedar, but to be honest, I haven't! It's been the best move ever!

Kristi Barnes said...

congratulations, that is so wonderful! It is nice to hear that things fall into place for some people. You guys are wonderful, good luck with the move...Cedar will miss you!